Home / Latest News / Karnataka lockdown extended till 14 June, announces CM Yediyurappa

Karnataka lockdown extended till 14 June, announces CM Yediyurappa

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The BS Yediyurappa government in Karnataka on Thursday extended the lockdown till 14 June in view of the second wave of Covid-19, which has left thousands dead and infected lakhs of people in the state.

The Covid-related restrictions in the state will be in force till 6 am on 14 June, CM Yediyurappa has said.

The Karnataka CM had earlier hinted that strict measures will continue as, he said, the coronavirus has not completely come under control in the state and cases are still high in rural areas.

The CM, however, had indicated that relaxation may be given to certain sectors, as he announced that export-oriented businesses will be allowed to operate from Thursday.

CM Yediyurappa said that he will have a discussion with everyone to make a decision on measures that need to be taken regarding lockdown. “Most importantly I have decided to give permission to those involved in exports. So export-oriented business will be allowed from Thursday,” he had said.

Karnataka Covid update

The death toll due to coronavirus in Karnataka crossed 30,000, as the state on Wednesday reported 463 fatalities and 16,387 new infections, taking the total number of cases to 26,35,122.

The day also saw 21,199 discharges, the health department said.

As of June 2 evening, cumulatively 26,35,122 COVID-19 positive cases have been confirmed in the state, which includes 30,017 deaths and 23,12,060 discharges, the Health department said in its bulletin.

Total number of active cases in the state is at 2,93,024.

While the positivity rate for the day stood at 11.22 per cent, case fatality rate (CFR) was at 2.82 per cent. Of the new cases, 4,095 were from Bengaluru Urban, as the city saw 8,620 discharges and 307 deaths.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

 

x

Check Also

Times Now censured, two Kannada channels fined over Tablighi Jamaat coverage

On June 16 (Wednesday), the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA) censured English ...