Home / State / Karnataka: Mobile battery blast; BJP leader dies of electric shock

Karnataka: Mobile battery blast; BJP leader dies of electric shock

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Kolar: In a shocking incident a BJP leader died following an electric shock, in a suspected short circuit at his residence in Bazaar Street, Bangarpet here.

The deceased is TS Nagaprakash, 58, vice-president of Kolar BJP District unit.

As per the sources, Nagaprakash woke up at 3.30 AM and when he switched on the light and he was electrocuted, his wife Shobha and son Swaroop suffered severe burn injuries while they tried to rescue him.

Following the incident BJP leader Bharathi Shetty, in a video said that he died after switching on mobile that was kept for charging overnight and the same has gone viral on the social media platform.

In the video, Bharathi said that when Nagaprakash’s wife and son came to his rescue after hearing him shout, even they suffered burns. Later the neighbours took Shobha and Swaroop to Jalappa Hospital. It is said that Shobha has suffered five per cent burns, but is critical as she is asthmatic.

Bharathi also urged the people to be careful while using a mobile phone and also make it a practice to not charge the mobile overnight.

Source: Udayavani

x

Check Also

Karnataka Speaker asks rebel MLAs to appear before him on Tuesday

In what seems to be strategy to bring 15 rebel MLAs who ...