Bengaluru: A 13-year-old boy died when an LPG cylinder exploded at a home in the limits of HAL police station in eastern Bengaluru on Friday morning.
Police identified the victim as Sameer, from Nepal. The boy’s mother, Kalavati, had left for work around 5 am, leaving him in the company of his another brother, Samsheer. In the meantime, gas leaked from the cylinder which exploded later. Sameer died of burns while Shamsher was rushed to the St John’s hospital.
Police believe the accident occurred mainly because of negligence. The boys were alone at home with no one to look after them, they said.
A case has been registered in this regard.
Source: Vartha Bharathi