Vittal: An elderly woman from Beripadavu Pallatadka in Peruvai village has died allegedly due to the negligence of the staff at Wenlock hospital.
The deceased is identified as Bhagi (75) who died after being bitten by an Indian Cobra (Naja Naja). Sheis survived by her two sons and a daughter.
He serpent bit Bhagi in her hand when she was feeding the chicken. Immediately a cloth was tightly tied around the wound and she was rushed to Community Hospital at Vittal where she was provided with first aid. She was then rushed to Wenlock hospital in a 108 ambulance. There, the hospital staff made her wait for a whole hour and then sent her to a private hospital by then she had breathed her last.
The cloth tied around the wound was opened by the hospital staff. Then she was not provided proper treatment. The delay caused by the hospital staff caused the death of the elderly woman, alleged Revati H, member of Peruvai GP