Belthangady: Eight students reportedly fell ill after drinking water of their school well at Shibhaje Perla in Belthangady Taluk on Monday. The hospitalised students were studying in local Government school here.
Four students who are said to be critical have been rushed to hospital in Mangaluru for further treatment. Police suspects unidentified miscreants to have mixed poison in the school well.
The students have been identified as Chetan Kumar (13) of grade 7, Sudeesh (14), Yogeesh(14) Radhakrishna (14) of grade 8, Sudeep (12), Rajesh (12), Monis (12) and Shravan (12) of grade 6.
According to the reports, the eight students on Monday were taking out water from well’s pump and reportedly drank water. The students immediately complaint of pain in chest and throat and their health started deteriorating immediately. School headmistress rushed the students to government hospital and also took the can of water along with her.
Four students were then taken to Wenlock Hospital in Mangaluru while the other four are being treated at Belthangady Taluk Government Hospital.
Police officials have reached the spot and are investigating the matter. More details in this case are awaited.
Source: Vartha Bharathi