Bhatkal 13 October 2019: Due to accidental fire that broke at 33KV unit at Heble, electricity at Bhatkal town was disrupted for around 6 hours here on saturday.
Due to technical error, an accidental fire broke in the unit. AS the HESCOM employees failed to put down the fire, Fire brigade personnels were alerted.
With an hour of continious operation the fire was brought under control and the fire was put off.
HESCOM Assistant Engineer Manjunath informed that the loss has been estimated to Rs.10,00,000.